Need to analyze operations and supply chain of a restaurant
I suggest a multi-pronged approach to this:
1. Look at industry surveys
- Standard &Poor’s Netadvantage
2. Look at industry financial ratios; use
- RMA e-Statement Studies.
3. Look up the financials of specific restaurants (the S&P industry survey provides plenty of publicly traded examples); use Capital IQ.
4. Look up equity analyst reports on these companies; use Thomson One Banker.
5. If you’re dealing with a private company (all the public ones would be used as proxies or benchmarks) or want more detail, do an article search in the business and management press for general articles
- Power Search on the Library’s website to search through all of our article databases simultaneously (also includes e-books and our catalog). Start with this search: name of restaurant AND (operations OR supply chain OR suppliers); use filtering options in the left-hand column.